On 4 September 2019, REHDA Melaka delegation comprising 4 Branch Committees and 2 Hon. Advisors led by Branch Chairman Dato’ Sri Ngoh King Hua paid a courtesy visit on the new director of [email protected] Jabatan Perancang Bandar & Desa Negeri Melaka (JPBD), TPr. Md Nazri Bin Abdullah to foster closer interaction and understanding between JPBD Melaka and REHDA Melaka.
The following ideas and proposals with regards to “Garis Panduan dan Piawaian Perancangan Negeri Melaka (GPP)” were raised: –
- The new development composition policy for project development above 8 acres in Melaka;
- To review on the minimum requirement of size, build up & level for free market housing, commercial & industry project;
- To allow maximum block length of 16 units of terrace houses/shop lots instead of maximum block length requirement of 97.5 m (320’) for terrace houses and shop units;
- Perimeter planting of 3.05 m (10’) should be requested as separator for different development instead of for all project development. e.g. in between of housing & industry development;
- To review on the minimum 10% of an area to be developed must be allocated as a solid green open space;
- To review on the approval of Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) requirement on building height for all project development;
- To review on the imposition of 20% affordable shop units for all project development, especially those small project with limited number of shop units, e.g. project with only 10 units of shop lots;
- To review on the second staircase access requirement for 3 & 4 storey shop lots;
- Clarification on build up area for low cost terrace house;
- To review on 20% visitor parking lot requirement for high rise projects based on total parking lots instead of number of houses, & etc.